Cook the noodles in your favorite store-bought chicken or veggie broth (or better yet, homemade stock) as the package directs.
Add with some of these fresh and fabulous add-ins.
Quick-Cooking Veggies: shredded carrots, spinach, frozen peas, frozen corn, shredded cabbage, sliced mushrooms, beansprouts, canned bamboo shoots (rinsed and drained), thinly sliced chili peppers
Leftover/Pre-Cooked/Quick-Cooking Proteins: cubed tofu, cooked slices of pork, shredded rotisserie chicken, cleaned shrimp, egg (crack it right into the simmer broth as the noodles cook)
Easy Stir-ins to Amp up Flavor (season to taste): Miso paste, wasabi paste, Asian hot sauce (such as sriracha or chili-garlic sauce), sliced scallions, grated fresh ginger/ground ginger, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, togarashi (Japanese seasoning mix), cilantro, kimchi, Thai curry paste, unsweetened coconut milk
Try one of these tasty combos:
1. Carrots + scallions + rotisserie chicken + kimchi
2. Tofu + spinach + mushrooms + soy sauce
3. Thinly sliced Serrano chilis+ lime juice + fish sauce + unsweetened coconut milk + Thai red or green curry paste + cilantro
4. Cooked pork + canned bamboo shoots + togarashi + wasabi paste + grated ginger
5. Miso paste + sesame oil + bean sprouts + spinach + egg
6. Poached egg + sesame oil + shredded cabbage + frozen corn + ground ginger + Sriracha